Do you have a lot clothes in your wardrobe and yet you catch yourself saying “I don’t have anything to wear!” Wala ako masuot! ? Well, maybe it’s time you do some thinking and re-assessing the clothes that you actually have.
Same goes with my wardrobe, I had to re-asses my clothes. Even though I only have less than 75 pieces of clothing, I only wear around 60% of it. Can you believe that? Something had to happen! I waited for 6 months before I decluttered again. Why? So that in the 6 months time I would really find out what pieces of clothing do I really wear. Which pieces still spark joy to me. Plus, with the one year of buying no new clothes, I got to really learn to appreciate specific pieces of clothing.
I recorded what I wore for a month in my Instagram Stories [@meanlivingph]. WHY? To show that I am someone:
- who repeats her outfits constantly
- who likes a specific style [plain and monotone colors,most of the time]
- who can mix and match almost all her clothes
The clothes that I do have are mostly:
- thrifted. Some recently and others throughout the years; some dating back to over 10 years ago.
- Uniqlo bought. Of the Uniqlo clothes that I own, they have been with me for a very long time now, 3-4 years in fact.
- Most of the details per item are all in my IG highlights.
Looking back at a month’s worth of my outfits, makes me appreciate all the clothes that I do have. It also shows which pieces of clothing I wear most of the time and which pieces are actually staples in my wardrobe. Why don’t you give this exercise a try and record your daily outfits to actually see which clothes you do and and don’t wear.